BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Scribbling #23: A Theory. Or Possibly A Hypothesis.

Picture the scene, when at the kitchen table in our flat (translation for Canadians and other exotic creatures of the 'Northus Americanus' variety: 'apartment') where myself and Mrs. Preggers Rev. C were having breakfast, I suddenly got a look of revelation.  A piece of my mind had taken a thought and ran quite a distance with it, before it metaphorically ran out of breath and couldn't be bothered.

Mrs. C gave the normal look of consternation when I had this 'eureka' moment, mentally preparing herself for the rubbish that was about to spew out of my mouth.

JC: I think I've just worked out why Slovakia has been invaded so many times...

Mrs. C: Okay. Yes?

JC:  Well... here's the thing.  Although my work is considered dull or horrendously exciting at any given time, there has been a couple of times when [insert long and boring explanation here of what I do for a living].  But basically, with the factory and all its noise, when someone shouts out that the 'dvojka' (second) product is wrong, then they have to ask again, to make sure that the other guy didn't say that the 'trojka' (third) product is wrong, so they can write it down on their production sheet thing, and the first guy gets agitated and yells it even more incoherently.  It gets very confusing sometimes.  Just like in battle, you know?  You have to know who's shouting what, there's lots of noise, it's really confusing.  Like chaos.

Mrs. C: Okaaay. (Chews thoughtfully on cereal)

Pause.

Mrs. C: I don't see what this has to do with Slovakia being inva-

JC: What happens when you want to fire number two cannon?

And that's exactly why Slovakia has been invaded so many times.  :-p

0 comments: